I’ve had a few questions about what I carry on my own Treo 650 lately. I’ll have an exhaustive list in an article when the rebuild process is complete.
But for now, as I rebuild between client projects, I’ll share the data “types” and try to group them logically for you.
Rebuilding is a good time to clean house and keep only the really good stuff and this entry will give you the complete “cleaned up” ebook library that I carry on my Treo and the expansion card.
I can’t (unfortunately) get all the books I want in a single format. I have, however, limited my formats to two: eReader and iSilo formats. I wish I could find a “universal” reader that would read all the top formats with a single full-featured program (like iSilo). But until then, I carry two.
The current list of ebooks on my Treo 650 (in no particular order):
- Copy of the US Constitution
- Encyclopedia Britannica Concise 2005
- Travel & Wilderness Medicine
- Terrorism Medical Response
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans (updated)
- 2005 CIA World Fact Book
- General History for Colleges
- Wrong Word: Homonyms, Homophones and Language-Related Booby-Traps
- Write it Right: A Little Blacklist of Literary Faults
- US Army Survival Field Manual
- Ancient Egyptian Handbook
- Aesop’s Fables
- Bulfinch’s Mythology
- Who Was Who: 5000 BC to Date
To Entertain Me:
- Entire Gutenberg Twain Texts
- Collected Works of Poe (five volumes)
- Works of Samuel Johnson (two volumes)
- Biography on Samuel Johnson
- The Art of Writing
- The Efficiency Expert
- Crime and Punishment
- Wheel of Time, Book 1: The Eye of the World
- Stranger in a Strange Land
- Rising Sun
- Gone with the Wind
- American Gods
- Lives of the Necromancers
- Slow River
- Fight Club
- Meaning of it All: Thoughts of a Citizen Scientist
- Ender’s Game
- The Green Mile
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven
- Digital Fortress
- Lord of the Flies
- The Minority Report and Other Classic Stories
- Forty Centuries of Ink
- Zen and the Art of the Internet
- Tea Leaves
(… and a couple “racy” ones I’ll decline to list here)
To Entertain My Daughter:
- A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Friendly Fairies
- Just So Stories
- Le Morte D’Arthur
- Life/Adventures of Santa Clause
- Water Babies
- Marvelous Exploits of Paul Bunyan
- Alice in Wonderland
Yes, I carry alot of books, but I’m never without something really GOOD to read. And this list changes out as I read books and add new ones. This is only a small selection of my entire ebook library, but it’s what I carry at this moment.
For those interested, this represents less than 20% of the space on my 2 gig card. How else could I carry a virtual library shelf full of reading material in a “fat postage stamp-sized” storage device?
It’s good to go digital!